Netrunner Online

Netrunner Forum

The Netrunner Online Community Forum.
> > Hello all

troenix said:

Hello all

12/19/2010

US  

I just Setup! my account today and wish to say hello to you all.

I found this site while looking for more information about card values, as I was about to sell all my cards, but then realized I don't want to LOL!  I always wanted to play Netrunner but never had anyone to play with, and yet I have about 2000 cards.

Anyway I see this site is pretty active, I want to learn how to play using one of the online game systems.  Are there any takers?

-troenix-

WormholeSurfer said:

Re: Hello all

12/19/2010

FR  

hi welcome !!

you're right ! don't sell your cards !!!
this game is a true treasure play it it is the best !

Unfortunatly i don't play online beacause this game is a concentrate of bluff and stress during a game and i prefer "Offline Playing" but it is interesting to play online to test some decks and just play because you're right when you say that there is a lack of players ...

What is really nice with this game is that with only one double starter you can play with anybody, just convince your friends to play !!

Let the Run Begin !!

troenix said:

12/21/2010

US  

Thanks WormholeSurfer for the welcome!  I should have stated that I understand how the game works and is played, however I would like to learn strategy.

Can you or another member direct me to others that do play using the online game systems?  Thanks!!

-troenix-

7OOTnegaTerces said:

12/21/2010

US  

Hey Troenix!
I live over in Dark Angel, just a little ways west of you, same time zone.  I might be able to play an online game in the evening sometime (unlike wormhole, I know how to taunt virtually, }:-]), drop me a line and let me know when you were thinking about.  I can do either MWS (Magic Work Station with NetRunner plug-in, to download go to http://www.runners-net.com/downloads.html and follow the instructions) or on GCCG, (sorry, there's an instruction manual out there somewhere, but I lost the link, ask Frank or Wormhole).  Be forewarned, this one is much more difficult to install, but has an interface that was actually designed to play NetRunner, rather than the plug-in hack of MWS.
MWS, however, is my preferred choice of online game engines, as it not only much easier to install (and not really that much harder to play), but more importantly has four of the five virtual expansions on it (it's only missing Open War, which - I believe - is the only virtual expansion available on GCCG.  And when I want OW cards, I just use cards from the opposite side and label them with the right name when I play them).  I never got why no one would play with the virtual expansions just because they don't have illustrations!  It's like not eating a sundae just because there's no cherry on top!  But we won't go there...
Well, anyways, let me know what you want to do!

Frizzler said:

12/21/2010

DE  

Hi troenix,

Magic Workstation and GCCG are the most frequently used engines for playing Netrunner online (there also exist plugins for Lackey and Vassal).

A good meeting place that works independantly from the program you are using is #netrunner on irc.solidirc.com.

I might perhaps be online for a game on Thursday 14 of my local time, which is GMT+1 (this corresponds to 8 am of EST); but I cannot yet promise, so don't get up early just because of this :-)

I also run a mailing list for casual Netrunner online gaming; pm me if you want to get added; e-mail-addresses are visible to all recipients.

Players you can contact are photon, hukka and neuro8 (all the three have an account here I think), as well as Niccoli on the Lackey Forum.

SeeYa, Frizzler

troenix said:

12/23/2010

US  

Thanks for your replies guys, I'm gonna build GCCG on my Mac and see how it runs (it's an older machine, 512MB RAM...) and if it doesn't run very well then I'll install all of the game systems on my main machine.

700TnegaTerces: Where is Dark Angel? That's awesome that you are close to me...what state are you in, Washington?

Frizzler: thanks for the info, unfortunately I can't play tonight but I will certainly post here when I will be available.

---> Yes we will play, I just need to get some time or course...I have an infant and it's the holidays, time is short these days.

7OOTnegaTerces said:

12/24/2010

US  

Close in this case is a relative term, I'm much closer than say, Frizzler, obviously, but in terms of practicality, not much nearer than anyone else.  As for where, exactly...guess...

troenix said:

12/24/2010

US  

LOL excellent answer sir! Ok I have MWS installed with the Netrunner patch on my machine, I'm building decks and learning how the software works.  Hopefully I should be ready to play online soon, again I just need to make some time.  How can we connect with MWS to play?

-troenix-

Frizzler said:

12/26/2010

DE  

Magic Workstation does not have a server chat room, so for the purpose of meeting up with an opponent, a good meeting place is the chat room on http://www.runners-net.com (mostly empty, so you need to schedule sth beforehand).

Connecting for a game with Magic Workstation works peer to peer, no server is needed.

For connecting, click on "File...New game". Choose "Connect via the Internet or LAN". Load your deck. Then, click on "Start game". Then, one player clicks on
"Waiting...Wait" and gives the IP to his opponent (via the chat room mentioned earlier). The other player clicks on "Calling" and enters this IP.

Page  1

Post a Reply

Please Login to Post.

RSS

RSS

© 2008–2015 Netrunner Online. Support | Contribute

This site is an unofficial resource for the Netrunner CCG by Wizards of the Coast and was not produced, commissioned or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.

Netrunner is 1996 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk, and Netrunner therein are trademarks of R.Talsorian Games, Inc. Copyrights in certain text, graphic designs, characters, and places derived from Cyberpunk 2020 are the property of R. Talsorian Games, Inc., and are produced under license to Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Deckmaster and Wizards of the Coast are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast Inc.