The Netrunner Online Community Forum.
> > So, a short debrief after some months after Android: Netrunner

WormholeSurfer said:

So, a short debrief after some months after Android: Netrunner

02/14/2013

FR  

HI all, hru ? !

A long time i have not posted here .

I have been very busy with my store (www.ludiworld.com) and android netrunner but i keep an eye here very often .

So what are your feelings regarding A:N now that the game is here with some expansion ?

Do you feel that Netrunner as we known is completly dead or do you fell (like me ) that it still have an interest .

I personnaly think that the sealed and no limit will ever keep an interest especially with all the virtual expansion created by playful EE.

Do you think that the 1/15 ( whiwh is the closest to A:N) has still an interests ?

Cya

WHS

The_Artful_Dodger said:

Re: So, a short debrief after some months after Android: Netrunner

02/15/2013

US  

WormholeSurfer said:

02/15/2013

FR  

can you develop why you think that about A:N ?

Mike said:

02/15/2013

GB  (GB)

I wouldn\'t go so far as Dodger - I would have been upset if FFG had ripped the heart and mechanics out of the well-loved original, but they\'ve just tweaked it.  Some tweaks I like (the new Trace mechanism) some I don\'t (the Bad Publicity change).  There have been criticisms about the costs around Base Set cards (and I have some sympathy with critics - either have 3 copies of all cards, or all different, not half-way betwen the two!) and the constant flow of product in the LCG format, but the original was out there to make profits too, and there\'s no secrets here on the potential costs so get ready to invest or stick to the original.

Where I am really disappointed is the card design and art - bland illustrations, fiddly little icons, poor choice of typefaces.  The original - crappy 90\'s computer graphics or not - just has style, it looks cool.

The_Artful_Dodger said:

02/17/2013

US  

WormholeSurfer said:

02/17/2013

FR  

Hi, thx for your reply.

I don't get all but i think i get most of what you said and i have to agree on most of what you said . but i think i will be more open to discussion .

let see

i agree on the underground things and i have to admit that i don't like a so big exposure especially when it brings so "non fan" of the game, you know whose who surf on the wave and will leave the game when the friend will stop to play ... as many did with the CCG ...
we were hardcore fan of the ccg and if A:N die there will stay 10 % of the actual player who will remain fans

so i was and AM a VERY big fan of the ccg, as you saw during all theses years here .
i will never leavt this game, i love the art, the universe and the mecanics .

why i 've tried A:N because i was curious ... and i tried to  leave aside most of what you said about FFG, LCG, flashy, manga, non cyberpunk things, ... just to focus on the mecanics . You know when i started NR i disliek the graphics but the mecanics were so good and inventive that i learned to appreciate aal after . So why i shouldn't give a chance to A:N ?

it is very difficult to sum up my thoughs since i have many to say and i sometimes have difficulty to say all in english ...

I agree with you , don't think i am against you but give me more time to expalin :

what you said is right about beginner who will think A:N is better, ... better exposure or anything like that, i won't resume yout comments but even if i agree i should leave aside all of this , dobn't be bothered by people, just focus on the game ( as we did with netrunner when all people said that the game was dead, nobody played it, ...)
if we love a thing just move on .

i have met many new players with A:N that i would have NEVR MET withuit it, players that love the game, come in tournaments, ... why we should reject them ? since both games are good and interesting ?

So starting from this most of your arguing can't retain, since there is no comments on mecanics .

I think you should really try the game ( octgn) to evaluate on what the game is good or not .

the mecanics is the key things for A:N don't focus the hype around it .

the trace has changed, the deck building has changed, there is faction and influence points, the bad pub has changed, the purging virus rules has changed, runenr can now use paid ability during encounters and some minor other things chnaged and the games are not compatible and yeah the template and universe made that the games are not the same and will never be .

Does it makes A:N useless or uninteresting ? better worst than NR ?

as you said and i agree the games are 2 different games, even if they are closed, even if A:N reminds most of the very good things of netrunner .

Why i play A:N ? just because it is a very good games, as NR is ...

Playing two games that looks like each other isn't too much ?
it is true to say that i have played much A:N the NR for some months but theses 2 games will ever have interests that the other will never have :

NR ccg:
the sealed
the no limit
the liberty of deck building
the universe
the art
the bad pub
the hidden trace
the nostalgia

A:N
the faction
the influence
the restriction of deck building which is VERY interesting
the feeling that the game is more balanced that the ccg with nop more fast advancement, the runner can be killed again like in sealed ( with difficulty i have to admit)

In fact i really now love A:N but for different reasons . in fact i consider A:N as a new format for NR ...

honestly try the game, forget you principe, find the good people to try it and give it a chance. As a pure mecanics game it is good. as good as NR, honestly .

and I tell you this, i think in modesty that you can trust me ... you know how fan i am of the game, you know all i did for it ...

WormholeSurfer said:

02/17/2013

FR  

don't forget that the best thing in A/N, is that it isn't compatible with NR ccg

we own NR ccg and we still "own" it ...
NR ccg was dead before A:N so what changed ?

why we don't continue to do what we did for many years ? nothing prevent us to do...

The_Artful_Dodger said:

02/17/2013

US  

The_Artful_Dodger said:

02/17/2013

US  

The_Artful_Dodger said:

02/17/2013

US  

Page  1  |  2

Post a Reply

Please Login to Post.

RSS

RSS

© 2008–2015 Netrunner Online. Support | Contribute

This site is an unofficial resource for the Netrunner CCG by Wizards of the Coast and was not produced, commissioned or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.

Netrunner is 1996 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk, and Netrunner therein are trademarks of R.Talsorian Games, Inc. Copyrights in certain text, graphic designs, characters, and places derived from Cyberpunk 2020 are the property of R. Talsorian Games, Inc., and are produced under license to Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Deckmaster and Wizards of the Coast are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast Inc.