Netrunner Forum

The Netrunner Online Community Forum.
> > Netrunner Online has been Hacked

Frank said:

Netrunner Online has been Hacked

06/04/2013

US  

Dear Netrunner Online Users,

It has been brought to my attention that Netrunner Online has become the target of a Hacker Group. About 850 Usernames, Email Addresses and Passwords have been leaked.

Please do note that passwords on NetrunnerOnline are encrypted, however passwords with less than 12 characters using english words are likly to be valnerable to reverse-engineering.

I am currently in correspondence with my ISP to get more information. In the meantime, please take the time to update your password on Netrunner Online site using a password reset tool that has been added to the Profile Settings today. Please also update passwords on other sites that use the same username/email/password combination as they may become vulnerable.

I apologize for this inconvenience,
- Frank (Webmaster)

Frank said:

Re: Netrunner Online has been Hacked

06/04/2013

US  

The Following article contains further information:

http://www.cyberwarnews.info/2013/06/02/mcgowan-institute-for-regenerative-medicine-hacked-accounts-leaked/

This article linked to the site where the account information was posted:

http://pastebay.net/1236745

Gary said:

06/04/2013

US  

Thanks for the warning!

Ubiq said:

06/04/2013

US  

This is unfortunate but happens.  Thanks for encrypting the passwords, Frank.  Where they hashed and salted or only hashed?  If they were salted, did the salt leak also?

Frank said:

06/04/2013

US  

I'd prefer not to discuss details of encryption used on the site. However, I do recommend you update your passwords in either case just to be on the safe side.

Frank said:

06/04/2013

US  

If you have registered after 6/1/2013 are likely not affected.

Tyr said:

06/05/2013

US  

Thanks for the heads up Frank.

Bastien said:

06/05/2013

FR  

Posting the hashes is like giving all details. Google indexes all trivial (and weak, and even medium) passwords hashes ...

John said:

06/05/2013

I took a look at the pastebin. The hash listed for me is the md5sum of my password.

Bastien said:

06/05/2013

FR  

And the reverse is easily found in google, as I said :/

Page  1  |  2

Post a Reply

Please Login to Post.

RSS

RSS

© 2008–2015 Netrunner Online. Support | Contribute

This site is an unofficial resource for the Netrunner CCG by Wizards of the Coast and was not produced, commissioned or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.

Netrunner is 1996 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk, and Netrunner therein are trademarks of R.Talsorian Games, Inc. Copyrights in certain text, graphic designs, characters, and places derived from Cyberpunk 2020 are the property of R. Talsorian Games, Inc., and are produced under license to Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Deckmaster and Wizards of the Coast are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast Inc.