06/05/2013

FR  

so the question is ( as a newbie)

DO they have our password ?

Bastien said:

Re: Netrunner Online has been Hacked

06/05/2013

FR  

Depends on the password. Yours is in google.
Every (hashed) password found in the published file has to be considered as compromised (non-salted md5 is weak, today)

Frank said:

06/05/2013

US  

The encryption on this site has been update and no longer uses md5. Please let me know if you are experiencing issues logging on to the site.

Frank said:

06/05/2013

US  

@WormholeSurfer if your password is a common word/numbers, I highly recommend you update any other sites where you are using the same password (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, bank sites etc...) as it is possible to reverse-engineer md5 hashed passwords.

This article may provide some additional insight, as we are entering a new age of hacking and cracking.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/05/how-crackers-make-minced-meat-out-of-your-passwords/

We didn't have these issues 5 years ago when the site was built. Please rest assured, I've take all necessary precautions to provide a higher level of protection of your passwords. as a general rule:

- please do not use the same password for multiple site
- make sure your password is 12+ Characters using a combination of uppercase, lowercase, number and symbols.

Page  1  |  2

Post a Reply

Please Login to Post.

RSS

RSS

© 2008–2015 Netrunner Online. Support | Contribute

This site is an unofficial resource for the Netrunner CCG by Wizards of the Coast and was not produced, commissioned or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.

Netrunner is 1996 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk, and Netrunner therein are trademarks of R.Talsorian Games, Inc. Copyrights in certain text, graphic designs, characters, and places derived from Cyberpunk 2020 are the property of R. Talsorian Games, Inc., and are produced under license to Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Deckmaster and Wizards of the Coast are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast Inc.